Ben and James discuss winner-take-all dynamics and its implications for advertising, bubble talk, and venture capital. Plus, what Facebook and Marc Andreessen got wrong about Free Basics and India.
This episode is sponsored by Wunder Capital. Make a good investment and do good at the same time through Wunder Capital’s solar investment opportunities. Create an account for free at WunderCapital.com/exponent.
- Ben Thompson: The Reality of Missing Out — Stratechery
- Leslie Picker and Peter Eavis: Deal Shows Investors Are Willing to Make a Blind Bet on Uber — The New York Times
- Mike Isaac: Delivery Start-Ups Face Road Bumps in Quest to Capture Untapped Market — The New York Times
- Ben Thompson: Unicorns — Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: It’s Not 1999 — Stratechery
- Mark Cuban: The Pre-Cognitive Anti-Trust Violation:How the Decimation of the IPO Market Has Hurt the Economy and Worse — Blog Maverick
- Fred Wilson and Dan Primack via Mark Suster: Why Uber Should Go Public — Both Sides of the Table
- Kurt Wagner: Marc Andreessen Offends India Defending Facebook’s Free Basics. (Yes, the Country.) — Recode
- Mark Zuckerberg: Free Basics Protects Net Neutrality — The Times of India
- Om Malik: Nothing is Free, Not Even Facebook Free Basics — Om.co