NOTE: James’ mic developed a bad connection half-way through the podcast. We apologize for the audio fuzz.
Ben and James make clear that they know pollution causes death, then discuss the future of brand advertising. Then, a rather strident debate as to whether radical ideas will have a home in the future.
This episode is sponsored by Zendesk. Make your customer service seem like magic by building it directly into your apps, websites and products with Zendesk Embeddables.
- Margo Sanger-Katz and John Schwartz: How Many Deaths Did Volkswagen’s Deception Cause in the U.S.? — The New York Times
- Ben Thompson: The Facebook Epoch — Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: The Liability Shift Has Arrived — Stratechery Daily Update
- Sherry Turkle: Stop Googling. Let’s Talk — Stratechery
- Instagram Says Apple is Why Female Nipples are Banned — Digiday
- Ben Thompson, @benthompson, Stratechery
- James Allworth, @jamesallworth, Harvard Business Review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS