Ben and James discuss the New York Times exposé on Amazon’s work practices at its Seattle headquarters. What exactly was the story about, what questions are raised by it, and more importantly, what are the right answers for not just Amazon but society as a whole?
This episode is sponsored by Zendesk. Make your customer service seem like magic by building it directly into your apps, websites and products with Zendesk Embeddables.
- Exponent Episode 016 — Naked People
- Jodi Kantor and David Streitfeld: Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace — The New York Times
- Julia Cheiffetz: I Had a Baby and Cancer When I Worked at Amazon. This Is My Story — Medium
- Ben Thompson: The New York Times on Amazon, Jeff Bezos’ Email, Why Work for Amazon — Stratechery Daily Update
- John Cassidy: Mastering the Machine — The New Yorker
- Ray Dalio: Culture and Principles — Bridgewater
- Ezra Klein: Why the New York Times’s Amazon story is so controversial, explained — Vox
- Ben Thompson: Amazon Continued and the Role of Journalism — Stratechery Daily Update