Ben and James discuss Facebook’s current crisis, and why almost everyone misunderstands what the company did wrong: the problem isn’t advertising, it was Facebook’s desire to be a platform.
Presented by WordPress.com: Get 15% off on a new site by visiting WordPress.com/Exponent.
- James Allworth: What the F*** Was Facebook Thinking — Medium
- Ben Thompson: The Facebook Brand — Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: Tim Cook’s Unfair and Unrealistic Privacy Speech — Stratechery
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Reckoning: ‘This Is a Major Trust Issue’ — The New York Times
- Ben Thompson: Mobile Makes Facebook Just an App; That’s Good News — Stratechery
- Nicholas Thompson: Mark Zuckerberg Talks to Wired About Facebook’s Privacy Problem — Wired
- Ben Thompson: The Voters Decide — Stratechery