Ben and James discuss Google’s recent moves around blocking ads and promoting AMP and whether they raise antitrust questions. Plus, why Microsoft couldn’t have stopped Google, and why cryptocurrencies are aggregator kryptonite.
NOTE: The previous version of this episode was not edited in the middle. There is no new content in this episode, but it should be easier to listen to.
Presented by WordPress.com: Get 15% off on a new site by visiting WordPress.com/Exponent.
- Ben Thompson: The Aggregation Paradox — Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: The Case Against Google — Stratechery Daily Update
- Charles Duhigg: The Case Against Google — The New York Times
- James Allworth: The Blessing of Failure — Medium
- Ben Thompson: Ends, Means, and Antitrust — Stratechery
- Terry Crowley: Complexity and Strategy — Hacker Noon