Ben and James discuss the connection between Amazon’s business model and organizational structure, why Dropbox shouldn’t have left AWS, and why Apple should buy Dropbox. Plus, does WeWork’s valuation make sense, and why such companies are exciting.
- Ben Thompson: The Amazon Tax — Stratechery
- Brad Stone: The Everything Store — Brad-Stone.com
- Jeff Bezos: 1997 Letter to Sharholders — Amazon
- FedEx Downplays Amazon Logistics Threat — The Seattle Times
- Ben Thompson: Dropbox Leaves AWS, Should UPS and Fedex Be Afraid? — Stratechery Dailiy Update
- Ben Thompson: Stripe Atlas, An Interview with Patrick Collison — Stratechery Daily Update
- Ben Thompson: Venture Capital and the Internet’s Impact — Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: WeWork Worth $10 Billion — Stratechery Daily Update
- Ben Thompson: WeWork and Bubble Talk — Stratechery Daily Update
- Ben Thompson: WeWork Now Worth $16 Billion — Stratechery Daily Update
James’ sister’s startup (referenced at 1:06) is Adorne Monde.