Ben and James follow up on last week’s Uber discussion, talk about the problem with regulation, and worry about stagnation and the different cultures of Europe, America, and Asia.
- Nicole Campbell: What Was Said at the Uber Dinner – Huffington Post
- Lane Wood: Here Ego Again – Medium
- Chase Madar: Why It’s Impossible to Indict a Cop – Nation
- Peter Sterne: Jack Schafer on Losing his Job and the State of Things – Capital New York
- Ben Thompson: Why Uber Fights – Stratechery
- Zenefits Faces Shutdown In Utah For Giving Its Cloud-Based HR Software Away For Free – Techcrunch
- So You Think You Can Be a Hair Braider – New York Times
- Note: A federal judge eventually gave the right for the Utah hair-braider to work. In addition, the Utah governor has pledged to look into the law affecting Zenefits, but no concrete changes have been implemented.
- James Allworth: How Corruption is Strangling U.S. Innovation – Harvard Business Review
- StartupLJackson: “Dammit Utah, it’s shit like this that drives people into the arms of Ayn Rand.” – Twitter
- Blake Ross: Uber.gov – Medium
- Jenna Wortham: Ubering While Black – Medium