In this week’s episode Ben and James discuss why Ben thinks the Internet is totally overreacting to HBO’s announcement that they will sell subscriptions directly to customers, and then delve into what might be the underlying motivations behind Gamergate.
- Ben Thompson: The Cord-Cutting Fantasy – Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: Why TV Has Resisted Disruption – Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: The Jobs TV Does – Stratechery
- Kyle Wagner: The Future of the Culture Wars is Here, and It’s Gamergate – Deadspin
- Paul Graham: Before the Startup – PaulGraham.com
- Ben Thompson, @monkbent, Stratechery
- James Allworth, @jamesallworth, Harvard Business Review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
One thought on “Episode 021: Gamergate of Thrones”
While I agree with what you’ve said, I feel you guys have completely missed 2/3 of the issue: customer service and user experience. I think people would be considerably more happy about what they are paying if the cable companies didn’t have the worst-rated customer service of any industry and if the television interface wasn’t stuck in the early ’90s.
Comments are closed.