There’s a bit of a consensus building post WWDC: Apple has grown up, and it’s great.
But is it great? Is it possible that something essential has been lost? After all, a lot of the praise being heaped on Apple and Tim Cook was once used for another company – Microsoft. In this episode we examine what it is that makes Apple unique, and why things might turn out different this time – and why they might not.
In addition, we discuss the end of privacy and what might be done about it.
Also! We would love it if you would rate and review this podcast on iTunes. The link is here Thanks!
- John Gruber: Only Apple – Daring Fireball
- Ben Thompson: Tim Cook is a Great CEO – Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: What Steve Jobs Wouldn’t Have Done – Stratechery
- James Allworth: The Real Threat that Samsung Poses to Apple – Asymco
- John Gruber: The New Apple Advantage – Daring Fireball
- Ben Thompson: If Steve Ballmer Ran Apple – Stratechery
- Microsofter – New York Times
- Steve Jobs’ Stanford Commencement Speech – Stanford News
- Ben Thompson: Privacy is Dead – Stratechery
- Actual Facebook Graph Searches – Tumblr
- Ben Thompson, @monkbent, Stratechery
- James Allworth, @jamesallworth, Harvard Business Review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
3 thoughts on “Episode 007: “Growing Up” v “Hungry and Foolish””
Interesting thoughts about Apple “growing up” and the problems that may bring.
After this WWDC I was thinking back to the introduction of the original iMac, and what that meant for Apple peripheral makers. No more ADB or SCSI, no serial or modem ports, with zero advance warning. Impetuous? You bet.
Can Apple hire or buy some of that impetuousness back into the company if they need to? Will they recognize that need when or if it exists? Ben’s comment (in another episode) about Apple letting Beats retain it’s identity may be relevant to this.
fake birkin bag uk ny fake hermes bracelet buy ddipltqwus
I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to
save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates readable, google friendly articles in seconds,
just search in google – laranitas free content source