Ben and James discuss Facebook F8, how the company is trying to own both public and private social, and why Messenger is a good idea, but bots may not be.
- Twitter Has Outsized Influence, but It Doesn’t Drive Much Traffic for Most News Orgs, a New Report Says — NiemanLab
- Ben Thompson: Facebook, Phones, and Phonebooks — Stratechery
- David Kirkpatric: The Facebook Effect — Simon & Schuster
- Amir Efrati: Facebook Struggles to Stop Decline in ‘Original’ Sharing — The Information
- Ben Thompson: Facebook and the Feed — Stratechery
- Ben Thompson: The Problem with Facebook’s Ten-Year Plan, Is BuzzFeed Struggling? — Stratechery Daily Update